Thursday, July 7, 2011

Modena, Italy Part 2

And now for Part 2 of my Modena adventure!


The streets near my house (which is in Cleveland, Ohio) are nice and wide.  And so are the sidewalks.  In Modena, though, the streets are far narrower.  Look!  There's barely room for a car to get by the ones that are parked on the side of the road.  To make sure people are safe on these narrow streets, Modena did a very smart things.  Cars are not allowed in the city!  Only people who live there and have permits can drive and park their cars in the city limits.




Italy, as you may know, has a lot of churches.  This is just one (which is now closed).  The cathedral in Modena is very famous in the area!  Because it was being renovated (getting its bricks cleaned), I could not visit during my trip.  Maybe next time!



This is where I had dinner my last night in town.  The restaurant's special dish is a ball of fettuccine that is very, very lightly breaded and then fried.  It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment