Monday, July 11, 2011

Sailing Lake Chautauqua

Happy Monday friends!

For those of you who don't know, home base for me is Cleveland, Ohio.  Being from Cleveland, I know a lot of people who spend a few weekends a year about two hours from Cleveland near Lake Chautauqua in Chautauqua County, New York.  This weekend, I spent the day sailing up at Lake Chautauqua.


Here I am on an O'Day 22.  This means that the boat we sailed was an O'Day model boat that is 22 feet long.  It was pretty nice!


I even got to steer!  For those of you who have never sailed, most smaller sail boats don't have a wheel.  You steer using this long handle, called a tiller!  That's just one of the many new sailing terms I learned this weekend.  I'm feeling very nautical indeed.

Any fans of sailing out there?  If so, let me know where I should try sailing next!

No comments:

Post a Comment